I am feeling that yucky apprehension that this year will end, and it will end much sooner than I'd like. Some of the seniors are sensing that too. Serena recently pleaded (in trying to convince me to do something like go to town on a Monday or to let the girls sleep in the girls gathering room on a Saturday night or something like that . . . ha!), "Danae! But we got to make some memories!!!!" :) And memories we must make. I know no better way to make the most of a season than to create some fun memories, so we're sure trying over here. I think we're succeeding. :)
My sister Briana came to visit the dorm two weeks ago (oh, it was the best to have her!!!), and she and I taught the kids how to catch whipped cream in their mouths. Memories have to be made somehow. It was HILARIOUS! I hope you enjoy these videos as much as I do!
On Saturday, the girls took a trip to town. Maya wasn't feeling well, so she stayed back. It wasn't the same without her. I missed her!
We did some errands and then spent some time at The Worx coffee shop, sipping something yummy and doing homework. It was so fun!
|L-R: Serena, Joyce, Aleyna, and Katie|
We may live in the middle of nowhere, but that doesn't mean we
don't like to pretend we're still sorta civilized! ;) ;)
Yay for coffee shops!
We went to Soma Dis Deli too for an early dinner and ended the evening with some Bergie's homemade ice cream. It was a blast!
|L-R: Serena, Katie, Danae, Joyce, Aleyna|
Photo Credits: Serena
|L-R: Joyce, Aleyna, Serena, and Katie|
|Serena, Joyce, Aleyna, Katie|
Look at those smiles!!! LOVE!!!
Photo Credit: Serena
- Pray for the seniors as they think about their futures, that God would lead them and prepare them for what's to come while enabling them to finish strong and invested.
- Pray for our kids too as it's really tough for them to be so far away from home. They all do pretty well with it, but I can tell many of them miss their families very much, and some of them won't be going home this summer. Please pray for comfort for them. They're so brave!
- Pray for health within the dorm as it's still cold and flu season.
- Pray for wisdom for the dorm committee and us staff as we try to figure out plans for next year and what that will look like.
- Pray that we would all come to know Jesus more and more, that we would all accept Him as Leader and Lord in our lives.