Monday, July 28, 2014

Introducing Danae



My name is Danae, and I am very excited to be the Resident Assistant for the girls in the LCHS dorm during the 2014 - 2015 school year. :)

I'm a recent college graduate from Multnomah University in Portland, OR where I studied Bible/Theology and Women's Ministry. I'm an Oregon native; rain makes me feel at home. I love to laugh, write, explore, create, bake, and encourage. My guilty pleasures? I LOVE watching Full House, flipping through magazines on interior design or traveling or world events, and eating dark chocolate. And cupcakes. And drinking black tea. Not gonna lie.

The random facts: I love acting and public speaking. I've broken my left arm twice. I did volleyball in 7th grade; that was the one and only year I ever did volleyball . . . for good reason. Bebo Norman, Audrey Assad, All Sons & Daughters, and Will Reagan are among my favorite musicians. I play violin and piano. I jumped off a telephone-pole-like-thing at a high ropes course . . . it was part of the course. One of the bravest things I've ever done. I've been to Mexico and the Dominican Republic. I've never watched Little Mermaid.

On a deeper level, my greatest joy comes in walking with people through the trenches and watching as Truth and Love really do set us free.

On the deepest level, the most important thing about me: I love Jesus . . . imperfectly but persistently. He's the Lord of my life, and He's made all the difference. I'm so glad to be loved by Him. Can't wait to share that love with you. To be loved really does make all the difference. 

So grateful for the opportunity to do life together in the Lustre Dorms '14 - '15. I'm amazed at how Jesus worked things out . . . His dreams are far bigger and better than mine. I'm very eager to meet the gals and guys I'll get to walk with throughout this upcoming year. Many adventures ahead!

Thanks for stopping by and following along!

Coming Soon: Introducing Ibrahim Danladi, the guy RA.