Sunday, November 3, 2013

This weekend we had three students in Glasgow taking their SAT.  Several students went to a local family to work on Saturday.  They were working to earn money to pay for their Acquire the Fire tickets.  Acquire the Fire is the weekend of December 7th.  We will drive the bus to Billings.  We're excited about the trip.  The teenagers of our community go each year.  

This weekend I have cut the hair of several kids.  Looking back, I cut the hair of someone from Thailand, Korea, China and Sweden.  Cutting their hair gives me the opportunity to talk to them about whatever they want to talk about. I'm glad my mother taught me how to cut hair.  She was a cosmetologist for years.  God knew 30 years ago that I would be here in Luster needing those skills.  It's a good thing I have those skills, because most of the salons close by the time we can get to them.

Today is the birthday of Silas from China.  He's 18.  In the next 2 weeks we will celebrate the birthdays of Robin from Sweden, Kimberly from New York and Serena from Las Vegas.  

We are planning to go bowling this Saturday.  Within the next month, we plan to go ice skating.

Missy